2009年5月10日日曜日

Buddhism

There are our daily life affected by Buddism in Japan.

For example, we say "itadakimasu" when we bigin to eat somethings. Besides we join our hands together.

Next when we go to the tatami room, we must take off our room shoes.

Third we care about pillow's position. I often hear that north pillow is good.

Forth when we sit down on the floor, we fold our legs under ourself.

Fifth we pray in front of household Buddhist altar.

I do these action almost everyday. Especially I always say "itaakimasu". When I say this words, I appreciate that I can eat many foods every day. And I appreciate that my mother and farmer makes foods for me, too. I did not learn this action at school. I learn this action in a natural way.
I want to learn about Buddhism more.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I always care about the direction of the pillow, too. For instance, when I staying out overnight.

    返信削除
  2. The direction of the pillow is a Buddhist belief? I thought it was that "wind" religion. Fusui?

    返信削除